Adrian Gonzalez Wins Big at AVI Systems Event

The+submission+from+Adrian+Gonzalez+that+won+the+contest.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

The submission from Adrian Gonzalez that won the contest.

Gracie Thies, Webmaster and Staff Writer

On October 20, 2017, a group of students in the Graphic Arts and Marketing program participated in an AVI Systems event at Lambeau Field. Five students participated in the Digital Media Challenge and worked with Graphic Arts Professor, Tom Wallestad. Brian Fox, Alonna Heller, Adrian Gonzalez, Keegan R Berry, and Courtney Makinen were all involved in the challenge. 

Along with Professor Tom Wallestad accompanying the students, were Professor Mark Merline and Professor Jessica Little. This trip’s objective was to compete for the Lambeau AVI Media Contest. Students were asked to create a digital artwork that exemplifies the theme “Communication Liberation.” Some of the criteria for the competition included creativity, use of digital effects, quality and appropriateness of graphics and images, and adherence to AVI published Brand Guidelines. Submissions were to be completed by 5pm on October 11. 

Businesses and vendors like Prsym, Sharp, Newline, Hub, Jamboard, Hitachi, Epson, and NEC via Stampede were present at the event. This provided great opportunity for students to network with businesses like AVI Systems (AVI for Audio-Visual Inc.), while showcasing their talents. Included in the trip was a tour of Lambeau field, an opportunity too great to be missed. Keynote speaker Brad Sousa spoke about Unified Collaboration and Skype Disruption.  

When it came time for the winner of the challenge to be announced, a Marian University student was chosen. Adrian Gonzalez was picked for his innovative graphic media work and received a $500 check. Gonzalez will also be featured on the AVI Systems website.  

There will be a second challenge at the end of November, also at Lambeau Field. That challenge will feature a video and audio contest that captures the spirt and theme of the previous event on October 20.