Fond du Lac Movie Deals

Jackie Drake, Editor and Staff Writer

movie logoThe 90th Academy Awards are coming up, and whether you’ve seen all the movies up for nominations or none of them, like the Oscars or won’t be watching, maybe these cold months get you thinking about movies. Going out to the movies is a popular indoor pastime to people of any age, college students included, and it is a staple of dates, group outings, and casual conversations. You probably have a favorite genre among action/adventure flicks, rom-coms, dramas, or documentaries that you like to watch online, in theaters, or on TV. Today, there are plenty of ways to see the “big screen,” but attending an actual theater is still its own experience that has survived the digital age. 

The Fond du Lac Theatre, located on West Scott Street near Target and Walmart, wants to make movie-going simple for Marian students and faculty. Not only does the theater hold $5 Tuesdays for anybody; it also holds $5 Thursdays for students and faculty of all ages with a school ID. All 3D movies will still be $8 on these days, but those films will also play in 2D if you don’t mind forgoing the bulky glasses. If your grandma ever comes to visit, the theater also holds $5 Matinee Fridays for seniors (those 60 and older).  

Fond du Lac’s movie theater does its best to bring you all the blockbusters, from superhero features and horror shows to family favorites and heartfelt screenplays. Their current Now Showing list includes (but is not limited to) “Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle” (2D), “The Greatest Showman,” “The Post,” and “Darkest Hour.” Some of their Coming Soon flicks are “Fifty Shades Freed” (Feb. 9th), “Black Panther” (Feb. 16th), and “Tomb Raider” (March 16th), among others. Those lists constantly update as more movies premiere and slowly leave the spotlight. 

In case you’re interested in watching all nine of the Oscar Best Picture nominees, you may still have time to find and see them before the March 4 awards ceremony. They will contain lots of the other nominees as far as acting, directing, editing, design, and the bulk if it.   

Here is the list of nominees for Best Picture, available with other lists from Variety: 

– “Call Me by Your Name”
– “Darkest Hour”
– “Dunkirk”
– “Get Out”
– “Lady Bird”
– “Phantom Thread”
– “The Post”
– “The Shape of Water”
– “Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri” 

Oscars aside, you can enjoy movies year-round at the Fond du Lac Theatre for a good deal. Check out http://fdlmovies.com/ to see movie listings, directions to the theater, and more details, or call them at 920-907-0956.