New Hours are a NO for Students

Back to Article
Back to Article

New Hours are a NO for Students

Greg Robinson, Reporter

As college students we know that one of the hardest things to do is to stay awake during class. That’s why so many students were upset when they found out that Erbert’s and Gerbert’s was not selling coffee at 8 am or at all during the day. The new process that the HR system had was partly to blame for this. The new system required students to fill out new applications as well two authorization forms that would take 14 days for them to process. With students not being able to work for the first two weeks, Erbert’s and Gerbert’s was forced to only serve subs. The Erbert’s and Gerbert’s coffeehouse is finally back and running until 12 am. Feel free to stop in for a delicious Frappuccino made by one of our students. 

The difference in library hours has been a change for us all. The library is now only open until 10:30pm and opens at 7:30am Monday through Friday and on Saturday’s it is closed. It then reopens at 3pm on Sunday’s until 10:30pm. With the amount of students that are athletes, practices and games have made the new hours inconvenient.  Student athletes have to adjust their schedules to work around the frustrating hours, even the students who want to go to games and use the library as a resource.  

Even the change in the study rooms being turned into the learning and writing center has been a growing problem that students dislike. Of course, it is a great resource for the students that need corrections on papers and tutoring services. It becomes inconvenient for the people who utilized those study rooms for meetings or just to study with friends, The alternative is to utilize the science building as an alternative. When the doors are locked by 9:00pm, you feel pressured to leave by security because they continue to constantly walk around the building until you exit. There are two computers available for use in the Hornung Student Center, but they time out by 12:00am, shut down, and restart. the real question is when students will be able to voice their opinion on the decisions that the school makes for us. Until now, it’s an ongoing battle with no progress for students. 

About the Writer
Greg Robinson, Reporter

Originally from Milwaukee, WI. Gregory is a junior majoring in Marketing/Public Relations with a minor in Communications. An avid singer. He is President...