Must See Fondy Attractions

Graesyn Dallman picks out a gourd at the local farmers market.

Graesyn Dallman, Public Relations Representative

Most of the time when college students are not in class or at practice, they spend their time studying, napping, or binge-watching Netflix. If you happen to get bored of lying in bed all day long, get out and explore Fond Du Lac. It’s Fond Du Lac. Pretty boring I know. But there is actually a few fun things to do.  

If you are trying to get festive for the fall season, The Little Farmer is a great place to check out. Little Farmer, located about 15 minutes north of campus, is an apple orchard and pumpkin patch. There is also the option to go on a hayride through a corn maze, animals to see, and, multiple buildings to explore. My personal favorite building is the one where you get to make caramel apples. They are to die for. Admission is free, but bring money if you plan on going in the corn maze, taking the hayride, or buying food or decorations.  

Another great option is the local farmer’s market. The farmers market takes place on Saturday mornings from early May to late October, 8 a.m. to noon. It is held on Main Street from Sheboygan Street to Western Avenue. This is a great opportunity to snatch up some fresh and homemade goods while supporting the locals. The vendors accept cash, credit cards, and debit cards. In addition to this, Fond Du Lac also holds a winter famers market starting in November, also on Saturdays from 9 a.m. to noon. This is held at 19 E. Third street at the Open Circle Church.  

If it is too chilly for you to take your adventures outdoors, head over to 1131 W. Scott Street to catch a movie at the Fond Du Lac Theater. The theater offers five-dollar Tuesdays to anyone seeing a 2D movie and five-dollar Thursdays to any teacher or student with their school ID. On both these days they also offer eight-dollar 3D movies. The tickets have to be bought and used on the specific Tuesday or Thursday. If you cannot make it on a Tuesday or Thursday and do not want to pay full price, the theater offers what they call wonderful Wednesdays. This means you can bring an item to donate to the specific organization chosen for that month and receive a discount on your ticket.  

If you are looking to get out of your room but still save your money check out Lakeside Park. The park is located on Lake Winnebago on Park Avenue. Check out the views from the top of the lighthouse or just from different places around the park. Lakeside park also offers a zipline, petting zoo, antique carousel, miniature train to ride on, and even pedal boat and kayak rentals.  

You could also check out on campus events and sporting events. This month on October 30th, a mentalist named SPIDEY will be here at Marian located in the Hornung Student Center. Keep an eye on the Marian Activities Committee’s Page for more cool events in the future. These events are free to all Marian students with their student ID. When you need a break from school, check out these budget-friendly places for a fun time close to campus.

About the Writer

Graesyn Dallman is a sophomore from Markesan, Wisconsin majoring in nursing. She enjoys spending her time riding horse, hunting, fishing, or taking naps....