Gregory Robinson and Shana Risby in newest senior spotlight

Emma Lewandowski, Co-Editor in Chief

This is a photo of the girls who helped set up the college prom and without their help I wouldn’t know how any of it would have been possible. Pictured: Samantha Fabian, Mariah Lear, Britney Fleischman, Caitlyn Francis.

Our next senior spotlight recognizes Gregory Robinson and Shana Risby, two powerful and intelligent contributors to Marian’s campus! Both have been proactive in representing Marian’s Black Student Union, and have served as role models on campus for each of their four years, setting an example inside and outside of the classroom.

1. Gregory Robinson III, Marketing/Public Relations Major & Communication Minor

“My favorite memory would be the college prom. It was our club’s first time putting on a big event. I only got 76 people to sign up, but the event turned out to have 165 in attendance. It was a hit, which showed me with hard work dedication and help from a team you can accomplish anything.”

2. Shana Risby, Public Relations, Strategic Communications Major & Psychology Minor

“The brilliant, Issa Rae once said, ‘Confidence comes from creating something and know what I am supposed to be doing and feel good at what I’m supposed to be doing.’ Marian has better assisted in helping find my voice. Forever grateful for the experiences. Peace and love to all.”